While traveling in the mountains of Ladakh, all the stress of life disappeared as I felt tears in my eyes and joy in my heart. Everything was so beautiful…
Whether trekking, mountaineering or venturing in a trans Himalayan jeep safari, nothing compares. There are unexplored glaciers that will test one’s survival skills and the biggest test of all is the Siachen glacier, known as the largest glacier outside the Polar Regions. Bear Grylls would be impressed. Or… You could spend the day at the:
Toyota Elephant Passage in the Denver zoo. An amazing exhibit.
The largest exhibit Denver Zoo has undertaken in its 114-year history, occupying 10 acres within the Zoo’s existing 80-acre footprint. Toyota Elephant Passage:
- Helps ensure the survival of Asian elephants as one of the largest and most advanced elephant facilities in North America, capable of housing up to eight bull (male) elephants or various social groupings of male and female elephants.
- Provides spacious and innovative habitats for Asian elephants, Greater one-horned rhinos, Malayan tapirs, white-cheeked gibbons, sarus cranes, clouded leopards, flying fox (large fruit bats), fishing cats, Asian small clawed otters and other important Asian species.
- Advances Denver Zoo’s conservation, research and ecotourism programs that help animals by helping people.
- Immerses guests in Asian wildlife and culture through multi-sensory experiences providing greater awareness and understanding of the role we all must play in protecting wildlife for future generations.
- Engages and inspire guests with educational programs and experience with up-close animal views in richly themed environments.
- Denver Zoo euthanizes aging Asian elephant Mimi (kktv.com)
- Beloved Denver Zoo Elephant ‘Mimi’ Dies (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Rose-Tu close to giving birth at Oregon Zoo (kgw.com)
- Mimi, beloved Denver Zoo elephant, dies (denverpost.com)
- Unforgettable artwork: Painting by Asian elephant at Whipsnade Zoo that uses brush gripped in its trunk goes up for sale on eBay (dailymail.co.uk)
- Unforgettable artwork: Painting by Asian elephant at Whipsnade Zoo that uses brush gripped in its trunk goes up for sale on eBay (thisismoney.co.uk)